App Store Operations – Technical Specialist
Apple’s App Store has seen tremendous growth since its launch and is one of the largest and most innovative software store serving millions of customers. The App Store Operations team is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual who will be responsible for working with App Developers to maximize performance and efficiency of the AppStore as a platform while improving the customer experience that Apple is widely known for. You will work closely with Engineering, Business Management, Product Marketing, Worldwide Developer Relations and other cross functional teams at Apple on supporting the strategic direction and business objectives of the App Store as they relate to operating the Store including Discovery, Commerce, Payments, Fraud and Security.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant industry experience in Mobile App development (specifically in mobile gaming and/or subscription platforms).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience managing developer relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills including both development and delivery.
- Demonstrated passion to ideate, create and deliver new, innovative customer experiences with developers.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, and work in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- An ability to coordinate strategic marketing initiatives across App Store and developer priorities.
- Participate internally on cross-functional teams to define product requirements, strategies, integration, and support launch programs.
- Proficiency in Chinese language is a must.
- Experience supporting App Store developers from a technical perspective a plus.
- Outstanding time-management skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Results oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
The position is responsible for supporting the App Store teams like Business Management, Product Marketing and Developer Relations and work with the AppStore Developers, helping to guide them towards the best solution for any given concern. The role must establish, nurture and deepen relationships with App developers to provide a high level of support and addresses complex technical developer support escalations across all areas related to the App Store including Discovery, Commerce, Payments, Fraud and Security. Your role will involve defining App Store Business Operations product requirements and recommendations with a focus on the best customer experience. Internally, you will work as an App Store technical resource in areas like Discovery, Commerce, Payments, Fraud and Security for a cross-functional group including Developer Relations, Business Management and Product Marketing. In addition you will partner with iTunes Engineering teams supporting the App Store to ensure the continued advancement and success of the world’s best app ecosystem. Provides feedback to product teams to ensure tool and system roadmaps are aligned with and include elements requested by developers and initiatives to reduce customer and developer support. Understand production and customer support processes and service levels related to customer facing issues. Support App Store Business Operations team on key projects.
BA or BS in computer science or engineering preferred.